Friday, January 4, 2013

Gooey Chocolate Bars

I came across this recipe, when I ran out of canola oil, and had to buy some from Acme, there was a little recipe on the top! I had it in my recipe book for about 2 months, and yesterday I found it in my recipe book!  So I tweaked it a little, and I am so glad that I did, such an easy dessert to make for the kids, they really liked it!

I am a chocolate lover, I don't buy it because it will be gone in one day, so when I get a craving for chocolate I eat a hand full of chocolate chips (there I told you my secret).  This treat was very good, and very easy to make!

Crust
2/3 cup butter flavor shortening
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp salt
Topping
1 1/3 cups chocolate chips
powdered sugar (garnish)
1/2 cup nuts (optional)
Directions
Heat oven to 350. Grease a 13x9 pan and set aside.  Combine shortening, sugar, egg and vanilla and mix until it becomes light and fluffy.  Mix in flour and salt.  Take dough and spread it on the bottom of your greased pan.  Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and put back in over for 1 minute, take put and spread the chocolate all over the top of the crust.  Sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top.  Cut into little squares!

You can find me linking up Here


16 comments:

  1. Oh, these look great! Love the chocolate layer! Have a great weekend, Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, these look so good! I will have to give these a try! Pinned :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL ~ Acme ... I loved that place when we lived back East!
    These look scrumdidlyumptious!

    xoxo
    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam..."gooey chocolate",don't get no better than that!!

    ~Jo @LoblollyLane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm already a follower of your lovely blog - I'm just stopping by from “Grow Your blog” blog hop to say thanks for co-hosting.
    Angie
    godsgrowinggarden.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you use white soft wheat or hard white? When I make things they are darker than this. I usually use hard white wheat that I grind myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look a lot like the chocolate bars we used to have in school. I'm definitely going to have to try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im a follower of your blog, and stopping by tonight from the "Grow your blog linky party"!
    These chocolate bars look fabulous!
    Im also following you on Pinterest, ( you have lots of great posts there ), and GFC and Google+.

    Melissa @ http://readingnks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look heavenly Pamela! A handful of chocolate chips is my secret, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK those look seriously delicious!! If it wasn't late and everyone else in the house was asleep I would have to make these right now! I am probably just going to dream about them now :)
    Hope you have a blessed weekend and I am looking forward to reading more :)
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw these over on Marvelous Monday link party.
    Dawn
    http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing wrong with eating chocolate chips. I do it all the time! Thanks so much for linking up at Two-Cup Tuesday! See ya again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg this looks so good and easy to make. Thanks for sharing!

    Newest follower from TOTB hop :)

    http://paintingmariposasinthesky.blogspot.com/2013/01/target-toy-clearance.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. New Follower! Found you through the I Love My Post Linkup! When you have time, come visit at kjaggers.com and if you like what you see.. follow back! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...