Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Guest Post - Ang from Juggling Act Mama - Triple Chocolate Cookies

Hello, I'm Ang and I blog over at Juggling Act Mama. I love sharing my adventures in cooking, crafting - and cuddling! I'm married to my high school sweetheart and we both work full time outside the home.  We have two children, Ethan, 4-1/2, and Olivia, 20-months. On my blog, I share easy and kid-friendly recipes, crafts and DIY projects, and fun activities for the kiddos.  I hope you'll come visit me to check out some of my favorite posts - here are a few:
                   
And while you're there, don't forget to enter my latest giveaways! Now, I'm thrilled to be here on Pamela's blog today to share with you all my recipe for Triple Chocolate Cookies - yum - so decadent!!   
Triple Chocolate Cookies Adapted from Martha Stewart's Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt   4ounces good-quality milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter 1 1/2 cups sugar 2 large eggs 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions:
Preheat your oven to 325-degrees and line your baking sheet with parchment. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, then set it aside.
In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat, then mix in the chopped chocolate, stirring constantly.  Pour the chocolate mixture into a  large bowl and add the sugar, eggs, and vanilla.  Mix until combined, then gradually stir in the flour mixture. Finally, add the white and dark chocolate chips to the batter and stir.
Scoop the batter using a small ice cream scoop and place it about 2-inches apart on your prepared baking sheets. Bake the cookies until they are flat and surfaces begin to crack - about 15 minutes. Take care not to overcook these - they will look a little soft when you pull them out of the oven, but will crisp up as they cool.  Let the cookies rest about two minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool for about 5 more minutes. This is my favorite time to snag one (or two, or three - heehee!) of these cookies.  They are a little gooey, and so deliciously decadent!
You can store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days - or freeze them in a Ziplock bag for up to a month. 
These cookies are great to have in the freezer - instead of baking the whole batch, you can also spoon half the batter onto a large sheet of parchment paper, form a log and roll the ends tight.  Store the roll in a freezer bag for up to two months.  To cook, thaw in the fridge overnight, then scoop and bake.
I hope you'll give these cookies a whirl, and come visit me too!  


~ I want to thank my awesome friend Ang for sharing this delicious treat, I already have it bookmarked in my recipe folder, I cant wait to make this!  
Make sure you make your way over to her awesome blog~


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the opportunity to share this recipe with your readers, Pamela! :) Happy Wednesday to you!
    ang

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...