Thursday, January 17, 2013

Guest Post - Helen from Blue Eyed Beauty Blog - Chocolate Espresso Brownie Cake

Me {Helen} & My fiance, Autry.
Hi all! I'm Helen and I have LOTS of blogs (5 current, 1 in the making!) and I'm SO excited to be here today to share with you a favorite recipe of mine!! Recently I've gotten into making up some cake recipes to expand my baking skills and bring in a few new recipes to my online collection...this is a cake I made up for my sisters birthday. She LOVES coffee...and of course she loves chocolate too!
Cake Ingredients
1 cup butter
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla flavor
1/2 teaspoon almond flavor
3 eggs
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup instant coffee
1 cup milk
Icing Ingredients
1 stick butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 Tablespoons milk
6 squares of hershey's chocolate
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar  
Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 2. In a large bowl mix together the butter, sugar, vanilla flavor, almond flavor and eggs. stir in baking powder & baking soda. 3. Add in flour, cocoa powder, and instant coffee. 4. Stir in milk until smooth. 5. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish. 6. Bake in oven for 45 minutes. 7. Mix together the ingredients for the icing until smooth. Have this ready for when the cake is finished baking. 8. After the cake is baked let it cool 10-30 minutes. 9. Level the top of the cake so it is flat. Spread the icing over it until it's all used up. 10. Eat a slice of cake with a cup of coffee, milk or a scoop of chocolate ice cream! Thank you all for reading along! You'll have to let me know if you do make this cake. I'd love to hear what you think about it! :)
Helen
Refashion Co-op

~I want to thank Helen for being my guest today and for sharing this yummy dessert, I already have it in my recipe book to make!  Please make your way over to Helen's blog there is something for everyone!~


21 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me today Pamela!!!

    Helen
    Refashion Co-op
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
    Angel Light Photography by Helen
    Exercise Encouragement Group Blog
    The Story of Us: Love...Forever & Always

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this DOES sound like heaven. i could use one ...or a whole pan... of these right now!
    thanks for sharing!

    Stopping by from the GYB blog hop!

    Trish @ Tales from ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thank you! :)

      Helen
      Refashion Co-op
      Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
      Angel Light Photography by Helen
      Exercise Encouragement Group Blog
      The Story of Us: Love...Forever & Always

      Delete
  3. coffee and chocolate! I love that combination. I haven't baked with the two nearly enough. But now I think I must change that. This is such a gorgeous cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally! I make chocolate things all the time...coffee on the other hand, not so much! lol. But this was an experiment that turned out lovely!

      Helen
      Refashion Co-op
      Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
      Angel Light Photography by Helen
      Exercise Encouragement Group Blog
      The Story of Us: Love...Forever & Always

      Delete
  4. I love it! I love coffee and this is just another way to get my coffee fix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh absolutely! :)

      Helen
      Refashion Co-op
      Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
      Angel Light Photography by Helen
      Exercise Encouragement Group Blog
      The Story of Us: Love...Forever & Always

      Delete
  5. what a great way to get your coffee and chocolate fix together!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh those brownies look SOOOO goood andd so do that whole wheat cup cake!! I am your new follower....from the blog hop, looking to connect with others, I am meeting a bunch of great ppl today! You can find me at http://fitandbeyond40.com tips for everyone!

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fit-And-Beyond-40/514406535245118?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh....Excuse me while I drool a bit! This looks and sounds so very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely compliment Cynthia!

      Helen
      Refashion Co-op
      Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
      Angel Light Photography by Helen
      Exercise Encouragement Group Blog
      The Story of Us: Love...Forever & Always

      Delete
  8. This is a really heavenly combintation. Perfect for my hb who loves chocolate and coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Helen it looks so yummy! So glad I ran over. I wish I had your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! That's sweet of you! :)

      Helen
      Refashion Co-op
      Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
      Angel Light Photography by Helen
      Exercise Encouragement Group Blog
      The Story of Us: Love...Forever & Always

      Delete
  10. YUM - this looks amazing! Bookmarking to try soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your newest follower via GFC and Twitter. Come stop by!

    http://www.happykidsinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to transport this through the screen - eat it and have 0 calories added to my diet! Thanks :)
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha don't we all wish that! Man if sweets didn't have calories I'd be TOTALLY addicted to them! (Though I'm addicted to them as it is already! lol)

      Helen
      Refashion Co-op
      Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
      Angel Light Photography by Helen
      Exercise Encouragement Group Blog
      The Story of Us: Love...Forever & Always

      Delete
  13. When I used to watch the Jetson's they had a TV-phone where you could see the person you were talking to. Now that fantasy is a reality.

    So, my current fantasy, thanks to this picture is Smell-a-vision. I wonder how many years until I can smell a recipe on my computer?

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks good, can I have some?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...