Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Guest Post - Samantha from Reinvented in Seattle - Caramel Pecan Pie

Hi! I’m Samantha from blog Reinvented In Seattle and the founder of the eco-friendly shop Reinvented By Me a highly caffeinated haven for all things handmade and happy. If you are in need of seeing the world through a pair of rose colored glasses you can barrow a pair of mine when you stop by to say hi.

Let’s just get this out of the way; I’m not Martha. Never have been, never will be. Actually a few years ago I didn't believe that baked goods could come from anything other than a box. Am I inspiring confidence yet? No? Didn't think so. Once I learned that baking could be simple and found the recipes that worked and were easy my relationship with the kitchen changed. It even began to be fun to mess around with recipes including this one for caramel pecan pie.

What you'll need:
  • One 9" pie crust (I have a fabulous flaky crust recipe if you would like to check it out.)
  • 36 wrapped caramels 
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of pecans
Start off by heating the oven to 350 degrees.


While that is heating up unwrap the caramels and combine them with the butter and milk in a saucepan and melt them over medium heat. It will take about 10 minutes to melt. Make sure to keep stirring while melting.

In another bowl mix together sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Gradually add in the melted caramel mixture.


The next step is to prep the crust. Chop up a cup of the pecans and pour it in the bottom of the crust. You can chop them according to your preference. Personally them on the smaller side but you can do halves if you like. Now your ready to pour your mixture in the crust and top with the 1/2 cup of pecans  you have left over.

Pop that baby into the over and cook for about 45-50 minutes. You know that it is done when the top is a golden brown and there is a slight jiggle to the pie. Allow it to cool and it will set. If it is still too loose when it is done cooling cover the pie with tin foil and pop it back in the over for a few more minutes.


I would love to hear how this pie turned out for you. Or if you would like you could test out one of my other recipes for tres leches (holy hot dog this one is good), caramel apple cupcakes (my best recipe, people will line up for these), and orange almond biscotti  (a great breakfast treat).

What is your favorite pie recipe? Tweet it to me or stop by my Facebook page and let me know. I'm forever trying to expand my pie recipe list. 

Pin It

~I want to thank Samantha for being my guest and for sharing this delicious treat, I have already put in my recipe book, make you way over to her wonderful blog to check out what she has going on~

2 comments:

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...