Monday, January 14, 2013

Skinny Lemon Bars


In my household we prefer a touch of lemon to certain things, especially to our treats.  My kids love Lemon Bars, but the old way of making them without my healthy ingredients was not the way to go.  So I just tweaked my old recipe into a new and improved healthy treat recipe!  

They came out better than my not so healthy bars (can you believe that).  When you bite into these bars there is a distinct lemony taste with the flaky whole wheat crust you cant just eat one, (well I couldn't)!  So make sure you cut them in small pieces so you don't feel guilty about eating 2 or 3 pieces!
This is a very easy recipe, make dough for crust, make filling and bake, let cool, cut and eat!  It don't get no better than that!
Crust
1 1/2 cups butter (softened)
3 cups white whole wheat flout
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Filling
4 eggs (beaten)
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
6 tbsp lemon juice
Directions
To make the crust, put all ingredients in the mixer and mix well until it forms a dough.  Grease a 9x13 pan and pat dough down into pan, bake on 350 for 15 minutes.
To make filling, mix all ingredients well pour over crust and bake for 25 minutes, cool, dust with powdered sugar (optional) cut into nice size bars.

You can find me linking up Here


5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see these! I was looking for them after the Twitter chat yesterday. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Pamela I do not believe I have ever heard of white whole wheat flour but for the last few days; these do sound a "little" bit healthier then the regular way I make them every Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lemon bars are among my favorite dessert, they remind me of my grandmother which makes them extra special. I'll have to try your recipe, I know mine is NOT on the healthy side!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds so yummy! I love healthier baking!

    Found you at Pint Sized baker!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...