Monday, February 25, 2013

Better than Chocolate...Vanilla Spice Cupcakes


I love to volunteer, I know I got that from my grandmother, she used to make food for the sick and shut in from our church, when someone passed away she made food and dessert, when there was a church function she was in the kitchen.  That's the kind of household I was brought up in.

So of course I would be the same way,  I volunteer at  Hospice in my town, I donate once a month, I always make cupcakes and cookies or other healthy treats that I know the staff, families and patients would love!  Once I went and there was a family that stopped me and said Oh your the cupcake lady, that was too funny, and I gave him some cookies, and then he asked his mother who was a patient if she wanted one, and that touched my heart.  I am not only volunteering, I am giving my healthy treats to families that are going through grief of a family loss or someone that is sick.
It's just the same as me baking for my family, I love the look on my kiddies faces when I start baking, they are so intrigued as to what I am going to bake, and then when its time for tasting oh the responses I get just melt my heart!

Cupcakes
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
5 tbsp canola oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup cold water
1/4 cup applesauce
Directions
Mix in a small bowl flour,baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.  Mix all the other ingredredients together and then add your flour mixture, fill cupcake tins 1/2 way.  Bake on 350 for 18 minutes, let cool on wire rack
Pink Buttercream Frosting
2 sticks of butter (softened)
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
milk if needed
pink icing coloring
Directions
Cream butter and vanilla, add powdered sugar until you get the consistency you want, add a little milk if it becomes too stiff, add pink icing color, and pipe your cupcakes!

You can find me linking up Here







~Featured Lovely This Month~

10 comments:

  1. It is wonderful that you touch so many lives with your baking, Pamela! These are such pretty cupcakes, love the icing and sprinkles too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! Your post reminded me that when we use the gifts God has given us, there's a sense of purpose and satisfaction that can't be found elsewhere. You're a great example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm ... maybe you should ship some to me so I can make sure they are better than chocolate. I'm not buying it :)
    LOL

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the frosting! And what a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up :) Your stuff always looks SO DELICIOUS!! <33

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful cupcakes and the combination sounds divine!

    It's always such a joy to see what you share ~ thanks so much for linking up to Project Inspire{d} and have a week filled with blessings!

    Hugs, Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pink buttercream! And these sound sound delicious with the hint of nutmeg and cinnamon. I need to give these cupcakes a try soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...